Enjoying Parks During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The City of Toronto has provided recommendations for enjoying outdoor spaces during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We’ve provided some below for your reference. For more information please visit the City of Toronto website.
- Stay home if you are sick, even with mild symptoms.
- Keep a distance of two metres/six feet from people outside your household at all times.
- Use a cloth mask or face covering, in situations where it is hard to maintain physical distancing.
- Avoid crowded places, and try to visit when the park is less busy.
- Step aside or pass others quickly and courteously on walking paths and trails.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer (70-90% alcohol concentration), including before going out, after touching public surfaces, and when you return home. Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Bring your own sports equipment and toys for your children to play with.
- Clean toys with soap and water thoroughly when you return home.
Arts in the Parks is accessible via TTC. Visit ttc.ca for information on routes, trip planning, fares, unexpected service changes and other information.
Not to Scale
Maps in the yearly guide are not drawn to scale, use as a reference only.
Watch the Weather
Each event has a different weather plan. Keep up-to-date with event changes, alerts and cancellations due to weather on the day of by following the organization or artist’s social media.
Make a Day of it!
Pack a picnic lunch or dinner, snacks or games to enjoy at the park.
Think About Seating
Each event provides a different level of saint accommodation. Check our website to see whether the event you plan on attending provides seating, or is BYOB (bring-your-own-blanket!).
Dress for the Forecast
Events can take place rain or shine, in the evening, late in September or in the middle of a July day. Remember to pack an umbrella or a light jacket for wet or chilly days. If the area is near woods or a pond, pack bug spray. For hot, sunny days, bring sunscreen, sunglasses and water!
Respect our Parks and Other Green Spaces
Stay on paths and trails, remove any garbage or recycling you bring in and leave the park in better shape than how you found it.
Get More Information
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, events may change or be cancelled in accordance with provincial regulations and municipal public health guidelines. Please be sure to check this website prior to an event to ensure it is still proceeding. You can also join our mailing list to receive e-communications (at the bottom of our main page).